What Are Affirmations?
If you didn't already know you have a powerful mind. In fact your mind is so powerful that it can affect your life more than any physical part of your body can.
In simple terms your day can be broken down into two different options. You can either have a positive day or a negative day. Fortunately you can start out on one end of this spectrum and end up on the other.
If you'd like to have a negative day for whatever reason, that's pretty easy to accomplish. Just go outside and think of every possible way your day can go wrong and then harp on it (not recommended). You might not even have to do this as research has shown that an overwhelming amount of our daily thoughts are negative.
If you'd like to have a positive day, week, month, year, decade, etc. then affirmations are your tools of the trade.
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes.
If done consistently affirmations can help you:
- Raise your confidence before presentations or important meetings.
- Control negative feelings such as frustration, anger, or impatience.
- Improve your self-esteem.
- Finish projects you've started.
- Improve your productivity.
- Overcome a bad habit.
So how does this work you ask? The key, the secret sauce is the Affirmation Statement. This simply consists of writing down a statement(s) targeting a specific area, behavior or belief that you're struggling with.
While writing out these statements here are some guidelines you can use to get more effective results:
- Begin with the words “I am” as they are extremely powerful.
- Use the present tense.
- State it positively and do not talk or think about what you don’t want.
- Keep it simple, brief, and specific.
- Try to include gratitude.
- Include at least one dynamic emotion or feeling word.
- Affirmations should be about oneself and not others.
Here are some examples of positive affirmations:
- I am confident.
- I am confident socially and enjoy meeting new people.
- I am naturally self-confident and comfortable with myself and these are just parts of who I am.
- I am happy driving my new car.
- I am enjoying my new home.
- I am so happy and grateful that I now have a bigger house.
- I am happy and grateful that I am now earning more than I did last year.
- I am so happy and grateful that I have reached my ideal weight.
In addition to helping you overcome obstacles and reach goals, affirmations can also help you live longer. Research has shown that negativity can actually make you sick and shorten your life span. Adding affirmations to your daily routine and combining them with other positive practices seems like a winning formula that all of us can benefit from immediately.
Click here to shop our one of kind affirmations art and fashion designs.